Strange Creatures outdoor dance and technology program for Tide of Light Festival, Worthing
Helping the makeAMPLIFY team with our dance project ‘Strange Creatures’ which is a large flashmob incorporating Augmented Reality (AR). This dynamic role is a chance to be part of a big team delivering this exciting and unique project. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, extremely personable and comfortable speaking with lots of people, a good communicator and who wants to help make this fun, large-scale outdoor project happen! An interest in performing arts and/or digital technology is a plus.
The project is in 2 parts – the rehearsal period Tuesday and Thursday evenings, and the ON-SITE rehearsals at the end of the month.
17:45-20:30 (Only needed until 19:00)
- Tuesdays Oct 8, Northbrook College (Studio 21)
- Tuesday Oct 15, 22 – Gordon Room, Worthing Town Hall
- Thursdays Oct 10, 17, 24 – Gordon Room, Worthing Town Hall
- Mass Rehearsal Sat 26 Oct 11:00 – 16:00 – Beach House Grounds
- Dress Rehearsal Fri 1 Nov 18:00 – 21:00 – Beach House Grounds
- Day of the Event Sat 2 Nov – 17:00 – 20:30 – Beach House Grounds
Many of the duties will be ad hoc – and responsive to a fast paced environment, but will include:
Supporting participant manger and artistic team to ensure smooth running of rehearsals including:
- meeting and greeting, signing people in at rehearsals
- signposting and handing out cast information to individuals regarding all rehearsals
- help setting up sessions – moving tables, chairs, etc as needed
- helping with production requirements – ie: water, light sticks, costumes
ON-SITE MASS AND DRESS REHEARSALS
- working with the makeAMPLIFY team to ensure smooth running of mass and dress rehearsals
- sign in and allocating spaces for bags, lockers, etc
- running duties – ie: water, lights, etc
- liaising with wider production team to ensure safety of all performers
- working with the larger production team to realise the overall event including signposting people to the AR team
We are able to provide contribution for expenses.
This role will be part of a team of experienced festival organisers at the Tide of Light Festival and a chance to work with some great people on a really great event.
If interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org.